Updates for the Week of May 1, 2022May 2, 2022
- Information Update - Phone Numbers and Emails: We're expanding our ability to get information to you, and we need your help. Please update the following information so that we can be sure you're aware of all the exciting things happening on the Ridge. Please email Rev. Dan with updates (email@example.com). Please list each person in your family separately: Email address(es) and Phone Number(s)…To be used for phone calls/texts (note “cell” or “home”)
- Update to Sunday Service Location: Beginning next Sunday, and weather permitting, Rev. Dan and musicians will conduct the service on the front porch of the church. The congregation is invited to attend service in their chairs on the lawn, in their cars, or in the sanctuary. Services on May 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th and June 5th, will be held at 11:00 a.m. Beginning June 12th, the service time will move to 9:00 a.m. through the warmer months
- Children in Action Missions - Next Meeting Wednesday, May 4: Dinner begins at 5:30 p.m. (Cost: donation to help fund the dinners.) Preschool through 5th grade: 6:30 p.m. through 7:30 p.m. Hannah Hall will continue to meet with the girls, 6th grade and up.
- Mother's Day - Sunday, May 8 - The Union Ridge Mother of the Year will be honored during the morning worship service.
- Graduate Sunday - Sunday, June 5 - The Union Ridge Mother of the Year will be honored during the morning worship service.
- “Peace for the Soul” Presented By Alamance Chorale - Tuesday, May 17th, at 7:30 p.m. – No charge for admission. First Presbyterian Church (508 W. Davis St., Burlington)
- Children in Action will be holding its 1st Annual Spring Raffle. All proceeds will go to help our "Children in Action" program. This program is for children from ages preschool to 5th grade. We will raffle off multiple gift baskets with a value of at least $60 each. The cost is $5 per ticket or 5 for $20. The drawing will be held at our Annual Barbeque Chicken Dinner on Saturday, May 7, 2022. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- BBQ Chicken Super and Southern Gospel Music - Saturday, May 7, 2022, 4:30pm-7:30pm, Eat In or Take Out
- $10 per plate
- If you would like to purchase a ticket, please see a Deacon or plan to pay at the door.
- The Gospel Group "Sheltered" will be performing on the lawn.
- The following groups are looking for volunteers:
- Homemade Desserts and Tea - Women's Fellowship/Helen Aldridge
- Decorating - Billy Swain
- Setting Up Tables, Cleaning, and Cooking Chickens - Men's Fellowship/William Murray
- Serving 1st Shift (3:45pm-5:30pm), 2nd Shift (5:30pm-Cleanup)/Amanda Murray